Monday, February 13, 2012

LOVE



That's right! L-O-V-E! Our house is overflowing with it :)!

I have to write about my awesome husband and the date he surprised me with on Saturday. I knew something was in the works so when I woke up Saturday morning he handed me a map with a sentence in French. My handy dandy Ipod Touch (that he also surprised me with) helped me translate it and find out my next clue was near the point on the map on a bench. We begin our walk down Forest Drive and I loved just being with him, hand in hand. It's hard to have those moments when you are holding the hand of a busy two year old.


When I found the bench, the next clue led me to an Ice Cream Shop which was closed. Nathaniel didn't plan on that so he had to take me to my next clue, a theater. I had no idea where the next clue was hidden so he watched me look around for a good few minutes when I finally found it taped on the back of the theater sign. We headed to the next location, Jewell Park and my next clue was in the gazebo, underneath a bench. The final clue led me to Lover's Point Park where he had a couple of his friends set out a beautiful picnic for us! It was such a surprise and I was not expecting it. The spot over looked the ocean and it was so wonderful! The weather wasn't cooperating with this very sweet plan of his and sadly after about five minutes he had to call his friends to pick us up because we were freezing. 


It was such a thoughtful date and words can't begin to do it justice. Nathaniel made me feel so loved and special. He put so much time into planning it and I wish I could plan an awesomely equal date but his would be pretty hard to top! He's amazing and so sweet. I love him with all of me and everyday I feel the luckiest to have our family together and grateful that he isn't deployed or in training elsewhere. We are so blessed to be able to be together right now and I do my best to treasure each day. 

Mackenzie helped Mommy with Daddy's Valentine's Day surprise today. She was very excited to give Daddy a surprise, this girl is all about surprises and making Mommy/Daddy smile. She helped pick out her outfit and let Mommy do her hair without too much struggle, hah. We turned up the music, acted silly and I love how the pictures turned out and I hope Nathaniel loves them too! Mackenzie's favorite part of all of this was being able to take the letters out of her ABC foam mat, usually Mommy isn't too excited about letters all over the house but today, it was allowed.. Haha :).

2 comments:

  1. This was very sweet and I LOVE the photo collage! You did an awesome job, and so did Mackenzie! Happy Valentine's Day to you three =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me miss-we need a new blog post!! lol =]

    ReplyDelete