Thursday, January 19, 2012

Attitude

This month a talk was given in Church from the First Presidency Message, Living the Abundant Life. I loved the message and it's made the past couple of weeks so much better for me since I applied it in my life. President Monson offered his version of the ABC's to help us have a more abundant life. A was for Attitude, B was for Believe and C was for Courage. Each of these had such a wonderful message although the letter that I needed to hear the most was A. A is for attitude and it REALLY does make all the difference. It's so easy (for me at least) to have a negative attitude when a bad situation arises although I did my best to remember what I learned and tried to have a positive attitude whenever something came up that wasn't all sunshine and rainbows the past two weeks. It's up to us how we handle what life throws at us and we're taught that over and over again but I seem to forget every now and then and this reminder was just what I needed. My seminary teacher would read from the book, How To Be Totally Miserable by John Bytheway, some mornings and I wish I had the book as a daily reminder that it's really up to us if we are miserable or not. Attitude makes all the difference.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. That's what John always tells me. He never gets upset about anything, whereas I tend to "cry over spilled milk". He reminds me that there's no use in getting upset about something that already happened or is going to happen. You just have to deal with it and make the most of it. Very hard to do sometimes, but I'm trying =]

    ReplyDelete