Thursday, January 19, 2012

Time Is Flying By!!

Time seems to be going by so quickly lately, I can't believe we are halfway through January. We've been busy this month getting ourselves ready for the very busy months ahead. 

I recently applied to Lakewood College to complete a Pharmacy Technician program. It's a great opportunity for military spouses because it is all online, self paced and financially covered by MyCaa (financial aid for eligible military spouses). I felt like I could not let such a great opportunity to continue my education in the health field pass me by so the night I heard of it, I registered and now I am waiting for my books and supplies to arrive. It's a ten month program although with a lot of hard work I am hoping to get it done before our move to Germany so I can take the PT board exam and become certified while still in the states because I'm unsure if I'll be able to take it once I'm overseas. Walgreens offers an internship as well but unfortunately I don't think there will be a location in Wiesbaden, haha. I am hoping to find work with an on base clinic or drug store though. Lot's of hope and hard work in my future :)! I can't express how very excited I am to start learning and move forward with my education. I'm so grateful for the all the blessings like this that we have received since our family made the choice to enter into the military life. 

Nathaniel's had a tough week because of a bad cold/flu he caught. The health clinic gave him some cold medicine and Tylenol although he's still feeling quite crummy. He has a test this Friday so any extra prayers sent his way would be wonderful and greatly appreciated. He has been a trooper and I am proud of him for getting up at 4am or 5am every morning this week and going about his day without complaining. He was so helpful with Mackenzie tonight when I was feeling pretty exhausted as well. He misses her so much during the weekdays and I know she misses Daddy. They love all their time together!

Mackenzie is still a very happy, playful two year old. We began working on the French alphabet and she's catching on surprisingly fast. I found a French ABC Rap on YouTube and it has been very helpful to us both. It's also fun to sing :) We've been studying our French numbers and it's coming along well also. We've been throwing the idea around that Daddy will speak only French and Mommy will continue speaking English around the house to try and help us all learn the language. We hear it's the most successful way to teach a baby or toddler. Has anyone done this with their children?

Life is happening so fast and I am honestly loving it. I know it's going to be a demanding several months ahead with Nathaniel and I in school full time and continuing Mackenzie's education but I wouldn't trade any of it. I just feel so incredibly blessed that all these great things are happening for our family and we are so excited to share it all with our family and friends. It's so awesome that some of the friends we have made here will be going to Germany as well, it'll give Mackenzie consistency and us a family away from our actual families. Happy happy happy! :)

Mackenzie and her buddies ready for bed <3

1 comment:

  1. Starting to get the hang of this Blog thing, I think =] Am looking forward to reading your posts and posting a few of our own!

    ReplyDelete